Apple Blueberry crisp
Good afternoon great foodie friends,
Do you ever have that craving for something sweet but want to stay with something a little healthier?
Apple Blueberry crisp came to my mind yesterday…..
This sweet treat is simple, quick and a crowd pleaser in our home!
What you need:
* 5 to 6 of your favorite apples
* 1 cup fresh or fresh frozen blueberries
* 1/4 pound butter close to room temp + 1 tablespoon
* 1 lemon
* 1/2 cup rolled oats
* 1/2 cup all purpose flour
* Cinnamon (to your liking)
* 1/2 + 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
What to do:
* Pre-heat your oven to 350
* Core and slice apples into thin slices (remove skin) and place in a large bowl.
* Add in the blueberries
* Add in the 1/4 cup of brown sugar
* Rind the lemon and add in the bowl as well as the juice from the lemon.
* Add in 1 tblsp of flour
* Add in the tablespoon of butter
* Add in enough cinnamon
* Add in the chocolate
Mix all together and pour into your favorite medium to deep baking dish
In another mixing bowl put in the oats, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and mix together with a fork binding all the ingredients together but leaving small chunks in consistency.
Gently cover your apple mixture with the topping covering most of the apples.
Now put in the oven for approx 30 – 40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. (Every oven is slight different so keep an eye on it)
Let cool a few minutes but please do enjoy warm. You can enjoy it as is or with a scoop of ice cream or fresh whip cream.
You Gotta try this!